D1A College Rugby has adopted its own eligibility processes and enforcement.
- The 2019-2020 D1A College Rugby Primer with an interpretation for the D1A College Rugby Competition can be found HERE.
- Player Eligibility Forms submitted to Eligibility Director for review 2 times per year, See deadlines below.
- The form will be reviewed and communication will go back to coach, team manager and conference commissioner regarding outstanding eligibility issues that need to be addressed.
- Communication will go out to all clubs via coach and team manager on:
- August 1 (Fall) and January 1 (Spring), notifying teams of this requirement and subsequent timeline.
- Waivers will only be reviewed up to deadline and players are only eligible to compete once the waiver is approved.
- Matches where ineligible player(s) compete will be forfeited.
- Waivers that are submitted incomplete will be rejected and denied if not returned complete within 10 business days.
- A denied waiver that was previously rejected will not be able to be appealed.
- Eligibility appeals will be decided upon within 10 business days of submission to the appeals panel. The appellate, conference commissioner and coach will be notified via email.
Player Eligibility Form – Deadlines:
- October 1
- February 1
Form needs to be submitted again once postseason play begins or April 6, 2020.
Individual Waiver – must be complete by:
- October 15 (Fall)
- February 15 (Spring)
Waivers will only be reviewed up to deadline and players are only eligible to compete once the waiver is approved.
If a completed player eligibility form is not submitted by the deadline, the clubs will be assessed a sanction and will need to pay a fine to lift the sanctions.
The sanction fine will be:
- 1st offense – $500
- 2nd offense – $1000
Fines will be paid via check or credit card (call the Eligibility Director) to process these over the phone.
D1A College Rugby Club Requirements
All D1A College Rugby teams will submit THIS SIGNED DOCUMENT each season.
- Each team will have at least 1 Current Level 300 Certified Coach active on their roster.
- Competition Management Software rosters are required to be submitted 24 hours prior to match kick-off