D1A College Rugby has adopted it’s own eligibility processes and enforcement.
- The 2019-2020 D1A College Rugby Primer with an interpretation for the D1A College Rugby Competition can be found HERE.
- Player Eligibility Forms submitted to Eligibility Director for review 2 times per year, See deadlines below.
- The form will be reviewed and communication will go back to coach, team manager and conference commissioner regarding outstanding eligibility issues that need to be addressed.
- Communication will go out to all clubs via coach and team manager on August 1 (Fall) and January 1(Spring), notifying teams of this requirement and subsequent timeline.
- Waivers will only be reviewed up to deadline and players are only eligible to compete once the waiver is approved.
- Matches where ineligible player(s) compete will be forfeited.
- Waivers that are submitted incomplete will be rejected and denied if not returned complete within 10 business days.
- A denied waiver that was previously rejected will not be able to be appealed.
Player Eligibility Form
• October 1
• February 1
Form needs to be submitted again once postseason play begins or April 6, 2020.
Waiver – must be complete
• October 15 (Fall)
• February 15 (Spring)
Waivers will only be reviewed up to deadline and players are only eligible to compete once the waiver is approved.
If a completed player eligibility form is not submitted by the deadline, the clubs will be assessed a sanction and will need to pay a fine to lift the sanctions.
The sanction fine will be:
• 1st offense – $500
• 2nd offense – $1000
Fines will be paid via check or credit card (call the Eligibility Director) to process these over the phone.